Visa of RUSSIAN FEDERATION
There are such types of visa :
1. A tourist visa is the best choice for a person who is going to go on a short trip to Russia. An entry permit is issued very quickly – no more than one day, and you can receive a voucher by fax or email.
2.Business visas – for customers planning a long trip. Business visa is open for a period of 1 month to 1 year.
In addition to a tourist and business visa, there are:
- Guest visas
- Work visas
- Student visas
A visa to Russia is required for most countries of the world, except for countries of South America and some countries of the Middle East and Asia.
To enter the territory of the Russian Federation, citizens of other countries are required to obtain a visa. However, in some cases, a visa is not required. If a citizen of another state wants to enter the territory of Russia, then he should know in which case a visa will be required and which one will not be required.
Special visa regime
For entry and further stay on the territory of the Russian Federation, a person who has citizenship of another state needs to issue visa documents. However, there are two exceptional cases in which a special visa regime applies.
1. Children who are under the age of sixteen.
- A visa is not required for a child under the age of 16, if it is entered in the parents’ passport and travels with them.
- When the name of the child is not indicated in the passports of the parents or he travels without their accompaniment, it is necessary to apply for a visa. It will be valid if there is a notarized consent from the parents (guardians).
- If a child and parents have different surnames, it requires a visa with a birth certificate attached to it.
2. Passengers traveling on cruise ships.
– A visa is not required for passengers of a cruise liner if the ship’s stay in the port is over 72 hours and passengers spend the night on board the ship.
– St. Petersburg is the only point of stay on the entire route, which follows the ship.
– Passengers leaving the ship only as part of an organized tour do not need a visa.
– The passenger is forbidden to leave the vessel in the event of the expiry of his passport or the absence of a voucher from the receiving party.
– Citizens of other countries traveling on a cruise ship wishing to proceed outside the port area outside of organized tours must apply for a Russian visa in advance (the decision to issue a visa or refusal is made at the Russian Embassy, and documents cannot be issued at the port).